As you consider what kind of person you want to become, what choices do you have? The choices are more limited than what you might think. A good friend of mine shared with me the following list of choices we likely will face at some point.
Do you want to be:
- Powerful or Weak?
- Certain and confident, or afraid and insecure?
- Comfortable with yourself, or arrogant and abrasive?
- Do you want to be filled with light or darkness?
- Do you want to have peace or conflict within?
- Generous or selfish?
- Influential or inconsequential?
- Happy or miserable?
- Do you want to be kind and loving, or mean and cruel?
- Honest or dishonest?
- Do you want to be forgiving or hard and unforgiving?
- Knowledgeable or ignorant?
- Do you want to be a person of faith or doubt and fear?
- Trustworthy or unreliable?
- Hardworking or lazy?
- Do you want to be cheerful or despondent?
EVERY challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you an opportunity to respond.
The opportunity to choose is presented in that second between the stimulus and your response. Choice is a power we all have. Choice is the fundamental building block of success. The key to unlock your potential is in how disciplined your choices are.
Choose to be successful.