Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.
~ Warren Bennis
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.
~ John Maxwell
I recently came across a great article by Tanya Prive, a Contributor on Forbes.com, regarding the top ten qualities that make a great leader. Here is her list of the top ten qualities of a great leader and my interpretation of each:
- Honesty – Be vulnerable about who you are and what you believe.
- Ability to Delegate – Hire great people and get out of their way.
- Communication – Speak clearly, concisely, and be available for your team.
- Sense of Humor – Don’t take yourself or the work so seriously that you stop having fun.
- Confidence – Confront the brutal facts of your reality, but never lose faith (see Jim Collins’ Good to Great)
- Commitment – Work hard and keep your word.
- Positive Attitude – See the possibilities in any situation.
- Creativity – Be willing to change course if your plan doesn’t work out.
- Intuition – Trust your gut.
- Ability to Inspire – Help others believe and see the potential in what you are building.
Check out Ms. Prive’s complete article here.
This is a good list to review ever so often to remind you of your commitment to be an axiom leader. Do you emulate these qualities? I encourage you to pick one quality to focus on today and improve your leadership.
Choose axiom leadership. Choose greatness.